Grand Imperial Restaurants
February 17, 2021
The Grand Imperial Restaurant Group was founded in November 2008 by husband and wife team, Tan Sri Dato’ Sri Dato’ Koh Cheng Keong (Managing Director/ Group Chief Executive Officer) and Puan Sri Datin Sri Dato’ Chew Lean Hong (Executive Director/ Group Chief Operating Officer). The first Grand Imperial was opened at Bangsar Shopping Center, Kuala Lumpur and remains a popular outlet. The other locations are Hartamas Shopping Centre, Sunway Velocity, Pavillion Elite Shopping Mall, Pavillion Level 6, The Club Bukit Utama PJ, Sunway Pinnacle and Royale Ballroom Sunway. Its outlets in Genting Highlands are affected by the renovations for Genting’s huge outdoor Twentieth Century Fox Theme Park.
Grand Imperial is part of the Only World Group Holdings Berhad (OWG) Group which is listed on Main Board Bursa Malaysia (December 2014). OWG operates not only the Grand Imperial restaurants but also other food outlets under brand names such as Only Mee, The Food Tree, Richdad, JR Curry, East Court, Easy Store and Tapaulah which is the Group’s online food delivery service. Besides food, OWG is also into entertainment and leisure business. It operates The Top, a one stop leisure, education and family entertainment centre in the refurbished Komtar Tower, Penang and several indoor attractions at Genting Highlands which include the Jurassic Research Centre, Ripley’s Believe It Or Not Odditorium, and Infinity. The “Wet World” water amusement parks located in Shah Alam, Selangor Darul Ehsan and Pedas, Negeri Sembilan and the 3 Jungle Gym outlets located at Atria Mall, Petaling Jaya, Sky Avenue, Genting Highlands and Bangsar Shopping Centre, Kuala Lumpur belong to the Group.
- Only World Group. 18 December 2014. Only World Group Holdings Berhad lists on the Main Market of Bursa Malaysia Securities Berhad. https://www.owg.com.my/only-world-group-holdings-berhad-lists-on-the-main-market-of-bursa-malaysia-securities-berhad/
- Grand Imperial Group. About us. https://www.grandimperial.com.my/
- The Edge Markets. 29 December 2017.Sangeetha Amarthalingam. Only World Group sees a return to glory days. https://www.theedgemarkets.com/article/only-world-group-sees-return-glory-days
- New Straits Times. 25 October 2014. Lidiana Rosli. OWG aims to raise RM50m from IPO. https://www.nst.com.my/news/2015/09/owg-aims-raise-rm50m-ipo
- Only World Group 2020 Annual Report. https://disclosure.bursamalaysia.com/FileAccess/apbursaweb/download?id=204239&name=EA_DS_ATTACHMENTS