Dato' Beh Huck Lee took listed EUPE from Kedah to Klang Valley and hit success with - Novum@Bangsar South
|FYE 28 FEB 2022 EUPE ACHIEVED REVENUE RM223.2 M AND PRE-TAX PROFIT OF RM39.7M|
Dato' Beh Huck Lee's father, Datuk Paduka Beh Heng Seong, spearheaded the family's involvement in property development in his home state of Kedah. The Beh family developed the largest low-cost housing scheme in Sungai Petani. That was in the 1980s. It went on to build more than 22,000 homes and the first high-rise luxury residential development in Sungai Petani called Sky Residences.
In 1995, Dato' Beh Huck Lee in his 20s joined the family business and was appointed Managing Director in May 1997. Dato' Beh holds a Bachelor of Commerce and a Bachelor of Engineering (First Class Honours) from the University of Western Australia. He oversaw the operations of the company and its listing on Bursa Malaysia.
The Klang Valley is the happening place for property developers. Taking a big risk, Dato' Beh moved to KL and launched the group's maiden project called Novum @ Bangsar South in 2016, which was a joint venture (JV) with another Kedah businessman. The award winning project sealed the Group's success in the City. EUPE then lauched its second project in 2017 Parc3@KL South, a 2.67acre land in Jalan Pudu Ulu, Cheras and was successful again.
Est8 at Seputeh and Helix2 at PJ South were launched in November 2021 and August 2022 respectively. In the next two years, the group plans to launch the Belfield in Kuala Lumpur and Edgewater Estate in Sungai Petani, Kedah — which have a combined GDV of RM1.35 billion.
For a group whose roots and strong presence are up north in Kedah, it is quite an achievement to make its mark in the Klang Valley. Dato' Beh finds the city a stressful place to live in compared to his hometown. This in fact was what influenced him most in developing Novum@Bangsar South and other lifestyle projects. He wanted people to have a place to live in that would encompass elements of the easy and relaxed Kedah lifestyle that he knew.
It was a winning strategy for this Sungai Petani boy.
Dato' Beh is beneficially interested in 41.65% of the shares of EUPE Corporation Berhad. His sister, Beh Yeow Seang, 50, a practising lawyer in Sungai Petani, is on the EUPE Board as a non-Executive Director.
- KLSEScreener. EUPE Corporation Berhad. 2022 Annual Report. https://www.klsescreener.com/v2/announcements/view/3573603
- The Edge Weekly. 22 November 2022. Liew Jia Teng. https://www.theedgemarkets.com/article/eupe-corp-aims-restore-financial-trajectory
- Springer Link. 24 August 2017. https://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007/978-981-10-5266-8_18
- The Sun Daily. 25 August 2022. Gloria Harry Beatty. https://www.thesundaily.my/business/eupe-optimistic-of-achieving-record-revenue-in-fy24-NN9719069
- Property Trust 2022. EUPE Corporation Berhad. Managing Director's Message. Award Winning Recognition. https://eupe.com.my/sites/default/files/node/property_trust_magazine/files/en/2022-09/Property%20Trust%202022%20Vol%2022_Eng.pdf