CCK Consolidated Holdings Berhad
September 10, 2021
Sibu-based CCK Consolidated Holdings Berhad is Sarawak’s biggest integrated poultry group with operations across the supply chain - feed mill, breeder farms, hatchery, broiler farms, layer farm, abattoir and retail stores. Its retail arm CCK Fresh Mart has 65 stores (1,200-400 sq ft per store) in East Malaysia and is still expanding. In 2020 the CCK Group opened its first two supermarkets, one in Kuching, Sarawak and the other in Kota Kinabalu, Sabah under the brand name CCKLocal which is several times larger than its retail store format.
At the helm of the CCK Group is its founder, Tan Sri Datuk Tiong Su Kouk (Executive Chairman). Tan Sri Tiong, in his 70s, continues to actively steer the CCK group. Tan Sri Tiong started the first cold storage company, Central Coldstorage Sarawak Sdn. Bhd. and the first aqua products cold storage and processing factory Kuok Sui Sea Products Industries (S) Sdn Bhd in Sarawak. He also has more than 20 years in the shipbuilding industry and controls Singapore listed Nam Cheong Limited.
Nam Cheong Limited and its subsidiaries are an offshore marine group headquartered in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. The Group’s history can be traced back to the 1960s with the incorporation of Nam Cheong Dockyard Sdn. Bhd which was then engaged primarily in the construction of barges and fishing vessels in Malaysia. In 2007, the Group expanded its shipbuilding operations which were outsourced to contractors in China. Through a reverse takeover of another listed company (Eagle Brand Holdings Limited) on the Singapore Stock Exchange in 2011, Nam Cheong Limited became a listed entity.
For the financial year ended 31 December 2020 CCK Consolidated Holdings Berhad recorded revenues of RM656 million and profit before tax of RM47.9 million.
Tan Sri Tiong’s sons joined the family business after graduation in the 1990s. Tiong Chiong Hiiung (54), a Monash University graduate in Economics is the Group Managing Director of CCK Consolidated while his younger brother, Joseph Tiong Chiong Soon (51), a graduate of the University of Oklahoma, USA ( Bachelor’s degree in Business) is the Executive Director. Both are actively involved in the family run operations of CCK Consolidated.
Backed by experienced long timers such as Vice Chairman, Chong Shaw Fui (76) who has 47 years of experience in the poultry industry, Kueh Chung Peng (67) who over 39 years’ experience in aquaculture and the cold storage products industry, and Lau Liong Kii (70) who oversees the production and marketing functions of CCK’s prawn division in international food markets, the Tiong family is steering the company to expansion in East Malaysia and Indonesia. Kueh Chung Peng is also an Executive Director of the company and Managing Director of Central Coldstorage Kuching Sdn. Bhd. Since 27 August 2014.
As at 1 April 2021 Tan Sri Tiong Su Kouk holds a direct interest of 5.53% and indirect interest of 38.55% in CCK Consolidated. His wife, Puan Sri Datin Wong Bak Hee and sons, Chiong Hiiung and Chiong Soon, are deemed interested in the 38.55% stake. The other two substantial shareholders are Chong Shaw Fui, the Executive Vice Chairman of CCK Consolidated who holds a stake of 5.36% and Lau Liong Kii, Executive Director, who has a direct stake of 2.35% and indirect interest in a stake of 4.32%.
- CCK Consolidated Holdings Berhad. Annual Report 2020. www.cck.com.my/en/annual-reports
- The Edge Financial Daily. 30 March 2020. PublicInvest Research. CCK Consolidated expanding, robust sales expected to lift 1QFY20. www.theedgemarkets.com
- CCK Consolidated Holdings Berhad. Board of Directors. www.cck.com.my
- Borneo Post Online. Lim How Pin. 4 May 2012. CCK Consolidated on expansion mode. www.theborneopost.com
- CCK Consolidated Holdings Berhad. Annual Report 2018. Key Senior Management.
- Borneo Post Online. Jonathan Wong. 7 May 2014. More outlets, expansion into Indonesia aids CCK’s growth. www.theborneopost.com
- Legacy Times Media. 28 February 2020. Tan Sri Datuk Tiong Soo Kouk. President of the Malaysian S.K.Tiong Group of companies. www.legacytimesmedia.com
- Borneo Post Online. 19 February 2017. Tiong builds his empire with only RM3.40. CCTV4 interview with Tan Sri Tiong in 2014. www.theborneopost.com
- Nam Cheong Limited. Annual Report 2019. Board of Directors. Shareholders Information (16 April 2020). www.namcheong.com.my
- i3Investor.com. bursagoinglong. 26 December 2017. Analysis of CCK Consolidated Bhd. www.klsei3Investor.com
- About CCK Consolidated Holdings Berhad. www.cck.com.my
- Asia Pacific Entrepreneur Awards. https://enterpriseasia.org/apea/malaysia/awards/my-2016/tan-sri-datuk-tiong-su-kouk/