KK Super Mart
KK Super Mart has more than 300 outlets mainly in the Klang Valley, Putrajaya, Cyberjaya, KLIA2, Malacca and Seremban. Founded by Datuk Seri Dr. KK Chai in 2001, the first KK Supermart occupied the ground floor of a shop lot at Kuchai Entrepreneurs Park in Kuala Lumpur with the initial capital of only RM60,000.00. Today the 24 hours convenience store chain is still expanding at a rapid rate. The KK Group of companies has stated that they have plans to grow the chain to 1000 outlets by 2023. KK Super Mart offers 9,000 variety of daily essential products including its own KK house brand at competitive prices. Its outlets also offer other services like epayment of bills, photostating services and reload services for Touch & Go free-of-charge.
In 2019 Datuk Seri KK Chai launched a new KK Super Mart concept store in Jalan Bukit Bintang, Kuala Lumpur which offers a unique retail environment with a ready-to-eat and fresh food store that offers over 100 choices of Malaysian food for consumers. KK Super Mart is the flagship business of the KK Group of companies which also has under its umbrella KK Home Deco, KK Kopitiam, KK Food Court, KK Motorsports, KK Fresh Mart, SKCC Beauty International, Clara International Beauty Salon (Brunei), SKCC Laboratories, SKCC Development & Construction, K2 Corporation, KK Hotel, Hornets Marketing, 88°C Bakery Cafe, the Polo Formosa, Happy Momentum Sdn Bhd (epayment solutions) and Green Villa Resort. KK Super Mart has also expanded into India and Nepal.
The convenience store chain is now developing its e-commerce platform to meet the needs of a new generation of consumers.
- Our Journey. www.kkgroup.my
- KK Super Mart. https://kkgroup.my/kk-super-mart
- The Star Online. 22 March 2016. Oh Ing Yeen. Convenience store turns 15. www.thestar.com.my
- The Edge Markets. 19 June 2020. V. Sankara/Bernama. KK Mart eyes more branches in India, develops e-commerce platform for consumers. www.theedgemarkets.com
- The Malaysian Reserve. 20 February 2020. Azreen Hani. Pushing Businesses forward by embracing data. www.themalaysianreserve.com
- The Star Online. 30 July 2019. Yosini Devi. A Winning Concept starts in the heart of KL. https://www.thestar.com.my/metro/metro-news/2019/07/30/a-winning-concept-starts-in-heart-of-kl